Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - Appropriate technology Clock based solar tracker Working
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Appropriate technology Clock based solar tracker Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaiatechnician

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Appropriate technology Clock based solar tracker Working Reply with quote

I submitted the clock based tracker idea to SCI early this year. I used a water clock dripper tracker in my projects because i didn't think I could make the clock based one. I also uploaded a diagram to discribe the idea. But what a terrible diagram! It cannot have helped much.
So now I substitute a terrible video of a clock that i used as a guinea pig for the experiment. I did not make it earlier because I didn't think the clock was strong enough. The clock based tracker should be more accurate and more repeatable than the waterclock based tracker and a lot simpler to set up.
Time will tell.
Please make your own.
I know from experience that If nobody repeats my experiments they are meaningless.
Brian white BC Canada
Video is at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL14kpcR8yw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: