Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - xtruded polystyrene (XPS)
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xtruded polystyrene (XPS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VCR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: xtruded polystyrene (XPS) Reply with quote

Hello

I would like to use extruded polystyrene (XPS) to build a Box cooker. I have access to leftovers its sounds like a good way to recycle them. Dos same one knows if this is a safe material to do this.

Vasco
Stewart

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vasco

I'm in London where ther are lots of discarded XPS boxes used to ship in vegetables from hotter places.

My latest box oven uses one of these boxes with hole in the lid which a double glazed unit is placed over.

So far the XPS is stable and doesnt smell or melt....................Temperatures have got to 80 C so far, but summer hasnt arrived yet and the weather is still mainly cloudy.

I would post pictures but dont know how to

cheers

Stewart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: