Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - Bi-Level cooking pot (USA)
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bi-Level cooking pot (USA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Europe and North America
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharonID

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Bi-Level cooking pot (USA) Reply with quote

I just got a great pot set-up that shoud be terrific for doing two foods at once in a panel cooker. It's billed as a double boiler, but unlike many double boilers the top pot has a flat bottom and basically sits on top of the bottom pot (only extending into it enough for stability), so the bottom pot (2 quarts) can be full of one type of food while the top insert (probably just under 2 quarts) can cook something else. Since tiffin tins don't seem to be available in the USA, I was excited to find this item. It is thin steel with a non-stick black finish inside and out, so I don't even have to paint it, and since it comes with the handles detatched, it will be very easy to oven-bag or use with my double bowl cover set-up.

Shipping might be prohibitive anywhere but the USA and maybe Canada (though in some farther-away places lucky people can buy tiffin tins!), but it sure is a nice item, at an attractive price. You can see it at:

http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/cwg_v2/cwg_layout_base2.cfm?mid_sec_page=cwg_prod_detail&seq_no=3&min_seq_no=602&SingleItem=27524

Carol Wright is not always the fastest shipper in the world, but they do have some interesting things (it's also where I got my chromed metal tiles), and this order did come faster than usual, so maybe they're getting better. Anyway, I'd been looking all over for a convenient two-or-more level cooker, and am really glad that I found one, and now that I have it in hand it really does look ideal for the job. Smile

Now if only we'd get some sun! I don't think we've had such a grey late September and early October in all my 31 years of living in this region! I want Indian Summer! Or at least cool, clear, crisp fall!

Regards,
SharonID... thinking it wouldn't be so bad if the clouds were bringing more rain, but the summer drought isn't broken only cracked so far.... Rolling Eyes
Bill Bradley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Bi-level Pot Reply with quote

Thanks for the info about the pot. I too have been looking for a multilevel pot for some time.

I am ordering two of the double boilers because I want to run some tests where I use identical pots in two different cookers and compare the results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Europe and North America All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: