Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - Compound parabolic solar cookers! and a method to make them!
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compound parabolic solar cookers! and a method to make them!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaiatechnician

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Compound parabolic solar cookers! and a method to make them! Reply with quote

I recently made a compound parabolic solar cooker. It has been working pretty well and i thought you might be interested.
I have a video showing how i made it at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eY0xh23Anc
and a video that explains the optical advantages is at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX9Z-nsUHiA
My reflector is good for up to 3 hours of unattended cooking. But you can design them for 1, 2 hours or 4 hours either.
It is just under 1m2 and I use it to cook 7 liter pots of soil with turkey bag over it.
It cooks the soil up to over 90C which kills weed seeds and bugs and makes it safe for growing seedlings.
I set it up before I leave for work in the mornings and it cooks later in the day.
Brian White
Victoria
Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: