Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - An interesting item.
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An interesting item.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharonID

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: An interesting item. Reply with quote

It's billed as a "leaning plant stand", but as soon as I saw it, I envisioned it with five black cooking pots and a big shiny V-trough set up behind it. Check it out at:

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Item52315.aspx

It's amazing how many items I see in a different light because of cooking with sunshine!

Regards,
SharonID
Kruegerian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: An interesting item. Reply with quote

I think that's a great idea, and entirely do-able.

I look at things differently too since starting to solar cook. Mostly I have been looking at regular cookware in a new way, figuring out if a particular pot or pan could go straight into a cooker or would need modification. The trend toward "soft" handles and non-stick surfaces is unfortunate, I'm hesitant to try either in a parabolic for fear of scorching the extra somewhat "gooey" stuff on the handles that are really only there for the comfort or convenience of the cooker. And the non-stick surfaces are moot since "deglazing" stuff that's caramelized or blackened to the pan is actually part of the joy of more sophisticated cooking--making sauces etc.

Other things that stand out--wondering if one could install skylights in a roof that could include a detachable box oven? I.e., maybe with a little modification one could just slide it into place into the window frame, and remove when done cooking? Very Happy I imagine most would be made with glass meant to block some percentage of UV rays so they'd not be ideal, but perhaps one could order them without the UV in the glass?
elev 270m
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: