Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - New guy on the forums here, but not new to solar cooking!!!
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New guy on the forums here, but not new to solar cooking!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekPearcy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: New guy on the forums here, but not new to solar cooking!!! Reply with quote

My name is Derek Pearcy. I've worked a lot of hours and spent a lot of money the last 2 and half years of my life trying to develop and easy to build solar oven that uses basic materials that can be built for very cheap, and gets 360-400 degrees! I have LOTS of information on my website about my past research, and have even just started offering free classes on how to build these types of solar ovens that I've been making.

If mods have a problem with me putting a link, just delete it and let me know ok? My website is http://www.FreeEnergySolutions.net and I am getting ready to put together my next generation 2007 Pearcy Solar Oven kit for sale. Its going to go for $75 shipped, with everything included. I'm also working on solar heaters for this winter too, which will help with heating bills.

How many people are active on here? It doesnt look like there is that many members really.....
Stewart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Hiya DFerek

I'm newish here too. Dont know why but the solar cooking concept does seem a bit under subscribed considering its potential benefits. I guess thats why there's not so many of us here.

Is your box oven insulated with anything other than the plywood panels? How good is it at retaining heat?

all the best
Stew
DerekPearcy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: more Reply with quote

Yes, it uses insulation panels as well. Air gaps are always good to have in there too. I'm working to simplify insulation to make the outer box smaller too, but thats gonna take a good bit more research and money. I've got a few ideas up my sleeve though!

Also, I dont think that its there isnt people wanting to learn solar cooking. This forum just seems to have problems for some reason. I couldnt get signed up for months on end, and then I have problems posting too. Others have had the same problem too. Plus its not a real obvious link on the front page. I've also set up my forums on my site as well. Easy to use I think. But this one is cool too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technologies (Solar Cookers and Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: