Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - My article!
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My article!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Worldwide Advocacy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharonID

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: My article! Reply with quote

I finally managed to find some time to find my article from the July newsletter on the Moscow Food Co-op website (they don't exactly make it easy, but then I am an admitted techno-klutz). Anyway, anyone who is interested can see the article and photo at: http://www.moscowfood.coop/archive/solarovens.html

There are a lot of local and regional papers and newsletters that would probably be delighted to get little articles of this sort (though in the northern hemisphere, this is probably not the best time of year for it, but there's plenty of time to set something up for spring). Even some of the free papers that are almost entirely ads like to have a short article or two of local/seasonal interest. More of us need to get the word out this way. Having the SCA site to direct people to makes it very easy to write a brief, lively, encouraging article that doesn't need to get too bogged down in technical details. Go for it, folks. Put the word out!

Regards,
SharonID
coconino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SharonID

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coconino wrote:
Great stuff!

Thanks! I had 300 words to play with and tried to make the most of them. Things have been ultra-crazy here... I did a terrific suncooking demo at a regional event Sunday before last. The report on how that went (very well) will go up on the advocacy board soon, but it (in company with complications of stings and a few other things) left me in a condition of extreme burn-out. Anyway, I am hoping to get back to continued improvement of the leaflet and I'd like to get around to addressing your question on the question board, too.

I am so glad you're here. It would be a lonely place without you! Above and beyond everything else, what these boards need is more active posters! Thank you so much for responding to this. Smile

Best Regards,
SharonID
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Worldwide Advocacy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: