Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums :: View topic - pleased as punch
Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pleased as punch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Europe and North America
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stewart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: pleased as punch Reply with quote

Managed to cook some fava beans from unsoaked to cooked through yesterday while I was out at work in my new improved box cooker with (under test) heavens flame collector. Wasnt there to see the max temps.

Had a day off today so tried it again. clear, sunny morning (London) about max 23C in shade but feeling warmer due to sun.

Checked at 11:00 70dgs+.

At 12:00 was 105dgs C in there!!!!!........this is the hottest yet, I'm chuffed.

Cloudy now (2pm) for an hour and its still holding 70dgs.
Roasted dhal for tea.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers for the tips everybody

Stew
coconino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was a good day yesterday. Shame it wasn't like that on Sunday for the Urban Green Fair. It's good to get results from the cookers, isn't it? I was busy yesterday so couldn't get out to make use of the sunshine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stewart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dhal was so cooked it was getting dry again, i'm still made up that I actually breached the boiling point. Only ever had an oven up to a lousy 70 odd degrees.

Going to razz a few chickpeas tomorrow, it looks like sun in the morning to about 1:00, a bit cooler.

Shame to waste a good bit of sun.

check this link, its got a solar cooker init http://www.theoildrum.com/node/2949#more

stew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Solar Cooking Archive Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Europe and North America All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: